Thursday, November 4, 2010

What is Read It 52?

What is Read It 52? Well, Read It 52 is my new project to read one book per week in the year 2011. It's not 2011 yet you may say. I know it isn't, but it is better to get all my ducks in a row now than in a hungover state on January 1, 2011. What is the purpose of this project? I LOVE BOOKS! I LOVE READING! Sometimes I just don't make enough time to read. I also find the statistics in regards to how many books people read in one year disgusting! This news article from April 2007 is always in my mind. I am scared for our country.

I know that some people just don't like to read or that it makes them sleepy. I get it! I have a sister who hates to read and a  roommate who hasn't read a book since she was a freshman in college in the year 2005 (not counting textbooks). I even asked her when the last time she read a book just for the pure enjoyment. Her answer? "I don't know? A very, very long time ago." I'm not asking anyone to read as many books as Sarah Weinman, but reading that much would be SOOOO cool to brag about! I think everyone should read at least one book about every month. 12 stinking books! These 12 books don't even have to be War and Peace, even a small book can be amazing.


Just getting away from the Internet, TV, and our busy schedules to allow our imaginations to run wild is all I'm asking for. 


So here I am inviting you to join me in a 2011 full of adventure and imagination. You can choose to join me and read a book a week, or just try and fit more reading into your schedule. Anything has got to be better than having 1/4 of people reading 0 book in 365 days.


Over the next 8 weeks I am going to be preparing my reading list and adding the book into my Google Calender over on the right. Make sure to check in out. I am going to share books I like, tips I think might work, and other tidbits to get myself excited for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment