Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Tops

Today is Tuesday and it is also the first installment of "Tuesday Tops". Every Tuesday I will check out the books that are on top of the New York Times Bestseller List and other Bestseller Lists. From there I will investigate these book and I will add those book that look interesting to my List of Possible Reads for the 2011 Read It 52 Challenge.

(all descriptions came from New York Times Bestseller List)
**All books are in the number one (#1) spot this week**

Hardcover Fiction: THE CONFESSION, by John Grisham
     "A man who committed a despicable crime but allowed another to be sent to death row in his place now wants to admit his guilt, but must convince the authorities he’s telling the truth."
My thoughts: I've never read any of John Grisham's books. I know that many people enjoy them, I guess I just see them as Grocery Store Books. I know that is wrong. I pledge that I will read at least one of his books during the Read It 52 Challenge.





Hardcover Non Fiction: LIFE, by Keith Richards with James Fox
     "The Rolling Stones guitarist’s revealing autobiography is also a portrait of the era when rock ’n’ roll came of age, with the music itself as the book’s core."
My thoughts: I can't say that I am a big Rolling Stones fan, so I am not sure I would find this interesting. On that note, I would like to say that I will read anything once, and while I will give this book that same cutesy I will not be trying to fit this in to my challenge







Paperback (Trade) FictionTHE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, by Stieg Larsson 
     "A hacker and a journalist investigate the disappearance of a Swedish heiress.

My thoughts: I have been wanting to read this book for a long time! My friends say that it is very good. I am going to make a commitment here and make this the first book in my Read It 52 Challenge!!!!!!







Paperback Non Fiction: EAT, PRAY, LOVE, by Elizabeth Gilbert
     "A writer’s journey in search of self takes her to Italy, India and Indonesia."
My thoughts: I have read this book when my sister gave it to me as a birthday gift in 2006. I LOVE IT! I would recommended it to anyone!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment